Wednesday, July 13, 2022

James Webb Telescope

Yesterday saw the official release of the first images captured by the James Webb Telescope. And very impressive they were too.

For a few years now I've been playing at making 3D photos. Mostly of space objects, and for the most part nebulae. So when the image below of the Southern Ring Nebula appeared on screen I couldn't wait to have a go at.

 


6 hours later I posted my efforts onto Facebook. Sadly the only place where you can view these images in 3D on the web is through Facebook. They used to kind of "self animate" too, but for some reason Facebook have seen fit to remove that particular feature, meaning you now have to scribble over the image with your mouse to see the 3D movement. I'd love to know how to get the self animation back or better still find a way to display them outside of Facebook. Any ideas?

But for now, if you like to see the image, Facebook it is. My account is fully public so you should be able to view it, even if you don't have a Facebook account. You'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10226520007967032

No comments:

Post a Comment